+ What is the process?
The steps are as follows.
- Review the Pricing and Terms and Conditions pages
- Establish the word count of your document/s, select the turnaround time and whether you want proofreading or editing.
- On the Pricing & Upload page on this web site, click the relevant 'Submit' button (based on the Word Count and Turnaround Time) and then upload your document if paying by PayPal or credit card through PayPal. You will see there is also an option to specify if English is your "second language". If paying by direct bank transfer, upload the document as above or clicking the Upload Footer menu option. (We recommend you upload in Microsoft Word format but contact us if you wish to submit in a different format.
- When submitting your work, please specify any particular details that are important to you such as any deadlines or type of English (eg. British, American). Also advise us of any University or college requirements or reference style guides that need to be adhered to (e.g. APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, Oxford).
- After we receive your work we will send you an acknowledgement email confirming we have received your document.
- After editing or proofreading your work we send you a marked-up version with suggestions for your consideration.
- Further revisions may be necessary depending upon mutual discussions. We commit to work with you to the final draft.
+ how do i send documents?
Select Pricing and Upload from this web site's top Main Menu or Select Upload from the Footer Menu.
+ What is the difference between Editing and Proofreading?
Editing involves being provided with proactive suggestions as to how to improve the overall quality of your writing, particularly in relation to language use and expression. After editing, your language will be sharp and consistent, your expression clear and the overall readability of your writing enhanced.
Proofreading is more limited and only involves checking correcting minor errors in writing, such as grammatical, spelling, punctuation and other language mistakes.
+ do you write assignments, theses or other work for students?
No. Edit-For-Me does not write your work for you. It is an advisory service. You must complete your own research and write your content first, before sending it to Edit-For-Me for editing and review.
Note that universities accept that high quality writtten theses will occur through the assistance of an editor. Like in the case of authors of books, universities encourage this so long as this editing is acknowledged.
+ do you work on weekends?
Yes, we are available to work at all different times as we appreciate that sometimes work needs to be done urgently or to meet unexpected deadlines.
+ how do i pay?
You can pay by PayPal or credit card through PayPal. Alternatively you can pay by direct deposit to Edit-For-Me's bank account.
+ do you commence work before payment?
Unless special arrangements have been made with Edit-For-Me, we must receive your payment before we commence proof reading or editing your work
+ What about Privacy and Confidentiality?
In terms of professional integrity, our editors are members of different professional and industry associations, such as IPeD, the Institute of Professional Editors.
We go to great efforts to ensure your details, document/s and payment is kept private and confidential.